Registering a new domain name
You can register a new domain name at any time. If you register additional domain names from within AccountManager, these will appear in the Managing Domain drop-down box in the upper left corner of the AccountManager main window each time you log in. This makes is easy for you to manage different domains without having to log out and log back in each time you want to switch to a different domain.
If you are registering a domain name to use as a domain alias to an existing domain, you will need to set up that domain alias. For details, see Setting up domain name aliases.
To register a new domain name:
- In AccountManager, click Domain Name.
- On the Domain Name Management page, click Register New Domain Name. The Domain Name Registration page appears.
- Enter the domain name you would like to register and click Check Availability.
- If the domain name is already taken, you are prompted to try a different name. If the name is currently available, you are presented with a list of registration options.
- Make your selections, review the pricing information, and then click Register Selected Domains.
Please allow 48 to 72 hours for the domain name registration process to complete. During this time you will need to use your temporary URL to publish and view you site. For details, see Using your temporary URL.