Changing your domain name
You can change your domain name at any time. Changing your domain name, however, will erase ALL of your existing Web site files, including any databases and email messages that are stored on the server.
Before you decide to change your domain name, you may want to consider if creating a domain name alias would be an alternative solution. For more information, see Setting up domain name aliases. If you do decide to change your domain name, be sure that you make a backup of all of your Web site files, databases, scripts and email messages. You will need to republish all of these files after the name change is completed and will need to submit new requests for additional features.
To change your domain name:
- In AccountManager, click Domain Name.
- On the Domain Name Management page, click Change Domain Name. The Change Domain Name page displays.
- Carefully review the information on this page and ensure you have made the necessary backups of your files and data.
- Enter the new domain name and click Change Domain Name.
- A confirmation page appears.
- Review the information on this page carefully, including the associated costs, and be sure that you have made the necessary backups.
- Click Confirm Domain Name Change to initiate the change. You will be notified via email when the name change is complete.