Changing your hosting plan
Although you can change your hosting plan at any time, some plan changes require a complete reinstall of your Web site and all of its files, including databases, scripts, ecommerce files and other account features.
This means that you must back up all of your files before you request a plan change. Once your plan change has been completed, you will need to republish your site, recreate your user accounts and email addresses and resubmit requests for additional features.
This applies to the following types of plan changes:
- Changes from UNIX to Window 2000 Plans
- Changes from Value Plan/Value Plus Plan to Gold Plan
- Changes from Commerce Gold Plan to any other Commerce Plan
- Downgrades to Value Plus Plan
You may experience a six to eight hour downtime while your change is processed.
To change your current hosting plan:
- In AccountManager, click Plan Info.
- Click the Change link to the right of your Plan Name. The Change Plan page appears.
- Click the down arrow to select from the list of available plans. Be sure to review the pricing information and other important information that displays.
- If you have backed up your files (if applicable) and are sure of your selection, click Change Plan.